Chelsea striker, Romelu Lukaku, has issued a public apology to the club’s fans for the controversial interview last week, that resulted in him being dropped and a huge fine.
The 28-year-old who cost the Blues £97.5million last summer, will be fined at least a week’s wages for giving an interview, in which he confessed to being unhappy under Tuchel.
Lukaku is understood to earn in the region of £325,000-per-week before bonuses.
And having expressed his regret to manager Thomas Tuchel on Monday, the Belgian has now said sorry to the supporters.
“To the fans, I’m sorry for the upset that I caused. You guys know the connection that I have with this club since my teenage years so I totally understand you guys being upset.
“Obviously, it’s up to me now to restore your trust and I’ll do my best to show commitment every day on the training ground and trying to make sure we win games.
“To the manager I apologised and I said it to my team-mates and the board, because I think it was not the right moment (to do the interview).
“I want to move forward from this and make sure that we start winning football games and I perform for the best team in the best manner,” Lukaku said in an interview posted on the club’s official website.